Monday, July 31, 2006

Search 4 appartment in Paris

As I promised, I was going to write about the odyssey, that it is to find an appartment in Paris, and Im not only talking about how expensive it is, but how difficult to:
  • Find the correct person
  • Find the correct place
  • Find the correct moment
  • Find the correct words so that they understand your french
  • Find the way they want you to pay (looks like bank transfer does not appear in the french dictionary)
I think I finally found the answer to all those bullet-points, or at least thats what the contract I brought back home says (ok it says it in french but I hope it does mean what i think it says)
The 3 days I passed in Paris this week, where kinda dull. To start I was alone (yeah nobody bothered coming to visit me, snif snif... heheheh!!!)
Then it was the hottest Europe over the past few years (Paris: 60 deaths due to the heat, and 39ºC or 102ºF), and I walked all over Paris trying to satisfy my needs of a place to sleep, next year. I ended up with blisters in my toes and stiffness in my legs. But luckily I managed to find what I was looking for, however I didnt do much tourism, well I will obviously have 1 whole year to visit the Eiffel Tower I guess...
Today Im actually very tired, yesterday we had another BBQ @ Sergio's, and I came back at 4am, good job Im on holiday cause today monday, I woke up at 14:30 and Im ready to take a siesta now...
Enjoy the pix!
A bientôt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home