Thursday, August 31, 2006

TOMATINA





Guess what?
Yesterday Joe, Barce, (who managed to get the van from his uncle), Lorenzo (Uruguayan friend of Barce) and I went to the TOMATINA FESTIVAL!!! in Buñol...
Yes that festival where theres a War throwing tomatoes @ each other!!! It was AMAZING!!!! I think I havent totally recovered yet! There where around 200 Tones of Tomatoes in 5 Huge Trucks thrown, around 50.000 people (Including a lot of Japenese, Americans and Brits). I saw people with hematomas on their faces, t-shirts flying, flip-flops flying, even bra's flying, and obviously everybody completely covered by tomato soup... it was amazing, maybe once in a life-time festival, cause after the War (which "only" lasts 1 hour), the tomato starts to dry and it is kinda annoying, anyway we had a really awesome time there!!!
Unfortunatelly or luckily as you wish, I didnt take my camera with me, Lorenzo did so I hope he can send the pics soon, meanwhile I will post some pics Ive seen on the Net, so that u guys can have an idea of how impressive this day (the last wednesday of August) is in the small town of Buñol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home